To apply for any of the below positions, please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com or drop into Wagga Trucks at 280 Hammond Avenue, Wagga Wagga.
Qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician
Wagga Trucks is seeking to appoint a Heavy Vehicle Technician. The Technician will be a senior personnel and will be an important part of the workshop. You will be a mentor and responsible for apprentice mechanics at different times throughout your employment at Wagga Trucks. You will be expected to coordinate resources and liaise with the Workshop Foreman to ensure work is delivered on time and to a high standard.
Typical duties include;
- Be fit for work and specifically not impaired by alcohol or drugs.
- Conduct a complete range of motor vehicle diagnoses and fault finding.
- Use knowledge and skills to acquire automotive parts and accessories for all automotive repairs and maintenance as required.
- Use knowledge and skills to assist repairs in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Carry out a range of detailed motor vehicle inspections when required.
- Conduct automotive servicing and repairs.
- Conduct general motor vehicle maintenance.
- Have a solid understanding of all fault reports, maintenance and inspections forms.
- Differentiate between Warranty and Non-Warranty work and liaise with the Service Foreman.
- Work with the Warranty Administration Clerk for all Warranty work and assure all paperwork, new parts and old parts are filled out and labelled correctly.
- Take photos of work when required.
- Ensure you are Clocking on and off of all customer jobs.
- Ensure you are completing paperwork at a high standard so the service department isn’t delayed.
- Ensure you are obtaining purchase order numbers for all sublets.
- Ensure you are working with the parts interpreters to book all parts on efficiently and not missing anything.
- Ensure a high standard is being delivered in all repairs, servicing, inspections and maintenance.
- Operate workshop hoists in accordance with Wagga Trucks Health and Safety Policies.
- Conduct workshop housekeeping as required.
- Provide automotive technical advice as required.
- Assist with in house training and supervision as required.
- Assist other staff members as required.
- Any other tasks as required for this position or other reasonable tasks as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Drivers Licence
- Forklift licence (highly recommended)
- Good communication skills & ability to talk to customers regarding work completed on their vehicles when required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organisational skills
- Trade Qualified
- Attention to detail
- Mack, Volvo, UD and Hino experience highly regarded
NEW AND USED TRUCK & TRAILER DETAILER
- To ensure that new and used vehicles are ready for delivery on time and that they are presented in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction through quality of workmanship.
- To maintain a safe and friendly working environment for all other employees.
- Preparation and cleaning of new and used trucks and trailers ready for sale.
- To detail new and used vehicles as instructed by the sales/service manager.
- To check that new and used vehicles on display are clean and tidy.
- Drive customer vehicles as required.
- To liaise with the Service Manager & the Sales Coordinator regarding detailing and delivery times.
- Utilise knowledge of various cleaning agents and method to effectively and efficiently detail vehicles.
- Utilise knowledge of various vehicles to detail them in an effective and efficient manner.
- To present a neat and tidy appearance of all vehicles at all times.
- To assist other employees with their duties as required.
- Other reasonable jobs as required.
Health & Safety and Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- Always wear safety glasses/goggles, gloves and a respiratory filter when preparing and applying chemicals.
- Wear appropriate clothing to ensure this is no skin contact with chemicals.
- Wear steel cap shoes/boots at all time.
- Familiarise yourself with Wagga Trucks H&S policies and procedures.
- Comply with Wagga Trucks Health & Safety policies at all times.
- Report all hazards and H&S issues to the Health and Safety Coordinator immediately.
- Report any major chemical spills to the Health and Safety Coordinator immediately.
- Maintain the working premises in a safe and clean environment.
- Only operate the pressure washer when you are in a safe and secure position.
- C class drivers licence